Nik Sharma has helped launch DTC darling brands like Haus and Brightland.
And his team recently launched a new brand, JUDY, with the endorsement of none other than Kim Kardashian.
Let’s face it.
The man knows how to make a splash with a launch. (By the way, he’s only 23...)
Find out how he tests new brand ideas with as little as $300.
And the four channels he always recommends brands learn from the very beginning.
You can tune in above👆 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Nik tests brand ideas.
- How he went from working on social media strategies for celebrities to building a brand for himself around DTC as a 23-year-old.
- The 4 channels every brand needs to focus on.
- Nik’s favorite brands for everything from website design to social media.
What to listen for:
- [2:29] What’s changed with the brands he’s been working with since Coronavirus hit.
- [4:43] What it takes to get legacy retail brands set up to sell online.
- [6:35] The importance of amazing creative.
- [12:45] How to test a new brand idea with $300.
- [18:47] How Nik thinks about attribution.
- [20:13] Biggest mistake with attribution.
- [21:14] How he got started in DTC.
- [28:53] How he works with his clients.
- [32:32] The 4 channels you need to master.
- [33:49] Who to copy for SMS.
- [35:06] Who to copy for email.
- [35:59] Who crushes organic social.
- [36:59] Best in the YouTube game.
- [37:49] Best partnerships.
- [41:43] Best websites.
- [43:03] Who does a good job with influencers.
Links to love👇👇
- Nik’s cell: 917-905-2340
- Sharma Brands
- Nik Sharma on Twitter
- Dave Gerhardt on Twitter
- The Ecommerce Marketing Show Home
- Empathy Wines
- Not Pot
- Magic Spoon
- Resident Home
- Postmates x Infatuation
- Louis Vuitton x Supreme
- Virgil Abloh x Cha Cha Matcha
- SeatGeek x David Dobrik
- Cha Cha Matcha
- Twice Toothpaste
- Hello Fresh