When Lisa Mattam came home to find her daughter had slathered skincare products all over her face, her first thought was, “Oh no - what are those chemicals doing to her?”
And that’s when she realized it was time for a change.
So she created her own skincare brand, Sahajan.
And she tells that story everywhere.
On the homepage of her website, on this episode of the podcast, whenever she speaks at events, because she knows it resonates with her customers.
And oftentimes is the reason many of them become customers in the first place.
That’s why telling your story and building relationships with your customers is so important.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you need to set aside budget for brand building.
- What Lululemon taught her about brand.
- How to think about storytelling and bundling.
- Telling the same story across every channel.
What to listen for:
- [1:44] Why you need other entrepreneur friends.
- [3:54] The advice that worked for larger brands that didn’t work at Sahajan.
- [9:46] How to approach marketing as a bootstrapped founder.
- [18:09] Sahajan’s always-on marketing campaigns.
- [22:33] How they roll out a new bundle.
- [23:27] Their ad strategy.
- [24:19] Their email strategy.
- [25:43] What makes their product pages so good.
- [32:59] Their best marketing campaign.
Links to love👇👇