Maybe you have an idea for a new product, but you’re not quite sure how it will land with your current customers.
Maybe you want to launch a new brand altogether.
Either way, crowdfunding campaigns can be an amazing way to test the market AND build a community of avid supporters before you pull the trigger.
Coalatree, an eco-minded apparel brand, has seen this firsthand. They’ve launched 8 Kickstarter campaigns and raised more than $2 million. 😱
We wanted to find out how they did it, so we talked to their Director of Brand, J.M. Fabrizi to get into the nitty gritty.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Coalatree made the switch from retail to DTC.
- Why Kickstarter is 🔥 for introducing new products.
- The keys to building a successful campaign.
- How to keep backers engaged after they support your campaign.
What to listen for:
- [1:44] The transition from 200 retail locations in 8 countries to DTC.
- [5:24] What are the benefits of using Kickstarter?
- [7:30] Behind the scenes of a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- [9:19] Why you should build a brand first.
- [14:25] What the team looks like.
- [18:37] Advice for your first crowdfunding campaign.
- [23:12] How to keep the momentum going over the next several months.
Links to love👇👇