Maybe you have an idea for a new product, but you’re not quite sure how it will land with your current customers.
Maybe you want to launch a new brand altogether.
Either way, crowdfunding campaigns can be an amazing way to test the market AND build a community of avid supporters before you pull the trigger.
Coalatree, an eco-minded apparel brand, has seen this firsthand. They’ve launched 8 Kickstarter campaigns and raised more than $2 million. 😱
We wanted to find out how they did it, so we talked to their Director of Brand, J.M. Fabrizi to get into the nitty gritty.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why Coalatree made the switch from retail to DTC.
- Why Kickstarter is 🔥 for introducing new products.
- The keys to building a successful campaign.
- How to keep backers engaged after they support your campaign.
What to listen for:
- [1:44] The transition from 200 retail locations in 8 countries to DTC.
- [5:24] What are the benefits of using Kickstarter?
- [7:30] Behind the scenes of a successful crowdfunding campaign.
- [9:19] Why you should build a brand first.
- [14:25] What the team looks like.
- [18:37] Advice for your first crowdfunding campaign.
- [23:12] How to keep the momentum going over the next several months.
Links to love👇👇