Last updated: December 20, 2019
Terms and Conditions
THE PRIVY SERVICE
- Provision of Services. Privy will make the Privy Service available to Customer pursuant to the Agreement. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Privy hereby grants Customer a non-exclusive right to access and use the Privy Service solely for its internal business purposes. Privy retains the right to change, modify, disable, or otherwise terminate access to the Privy Service at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Limitations: The Privy Service will be used or accessed only by an authorized representative of Customer. As a condition of your use of and access to the Privy Service, you agree to comply with any application-, tool-, or content-specific rules published within the Privy Service as well as the Privy Acceptable Use Policy, which Privy may modify or supplement in its discretion from time to time (with notice to you of material changes).
- Customer Responsibilities. Customer will (a) be responsible for its compliance with this Agreement and use of the Privy Service; (b) be solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity and legality of the Customer Materials (as defined below); (c) use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Privy Service and associated documentation (the “Documentation”) and notify Privy promptly of any such unauthorized access or use; and (d) use the Privy Service only in accordance with the Agreement, the Documentation and applicable laws and regulations. Without limitation of the foregoing, Customer represents, warrants and covenants that: it has (and will have) the right to provide any information about an identified or identifiable natural person, household of device to Privy and will provide such information to Privy in compliance with applicable laws and that all such information has been (and will have been) obtained in compliance with all applicable laws and that all such information shall be true, accurate, complete and correct and correspond to the natural person to which it purports to relate, including to any natural person intended to be contacted in connection with the Privy Service (if any); and it has (and will at all times have) provided any notice and obtained any consents necessary to enable Privy to lawfully provide the Privy Service to Customer, including without limitation (if applicable) obtaining any consent from natural persons required by applicable law for Privy to send email and/or text messages on Customer’s behalf to natural persons.
PRICING & CANCELLATION
- Pricing. Privy will maintain a pricing page here. By using the Privy Service, you agree to pay Privy the amount set forth on the pricing page for the particular Privy Service to which you are subscribing.
- Payment. If you are paying subscriber to the Privy Service, Privy will use a third-party payment processor to request your credit card information and process payment. All subscription plans will automatically renew on the same day each month as the initial payment, until cancelled.
- Cancellation. If you'd like to cancel your paid subscription, please email email@example.com or login to your account to cancel your subscription. Once you cancel your subscription, Privy will no longer charge your credit card for future subscription payments, and your account will be disabled down to a non-paid account level.
- Refunds. Privy does not provide partial refunds for unused monthly or annual plans, unless a system malfunction caused a problem.
- Privy's Termination Rights. Privy maintains the full right to terminate your access to the Privy Service at any time for any reason.
OWNERSHIP AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- Privy’s Ownership Rights. Privy exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to the Privy Service and Documentation. Except for the express access right granted hereunder, Privy reserves all rights, title and interests in and to the Privy Service, Documentation and Privy’s confidential information.
- Feedback. Customer may from time to time provide blog statements, suggestions, comments for enhancements or functionality or other feedback (collectively, “Customer Feedback”) to Privy with respect to the Privy Service. Privy will have full discretion to determine whether or not to proceed with the development of the requested enhancements, new features or functionality. Customer hereby grants Privy a royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide, transferable, sublicenseable, irrevocable, perpetual license to (a) copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, and create derivative works of the Customer Feedback; and (b) use the Customer Feedback and/or any subject matter thereof, including without limitation, the right to develop, manufacture, have manufactured, market, promote, sell, have sold, offer for sale, have offered for sale, import, have imported, rent, provide and/or lease products or services which practice or embody, or are configured for use in practicing, the Customer Feedback and/or any subject matter of the Customer Feedback.
- Public Areas. The Privy Service may feature community areas and other public forums, including but not limited to a blog (the "Public Areas"). If you use a Public Area you are solely responsible for your own Customer Feedback, the consequences of posting your Customer Feedback, and your reliance on any information in the Public Areas or other areas of the Privy Service. If you feel threatened or believe that someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. Any information you share, including without limitation any discussions with others, in any online Public Area is by design open to the public and is not private. Privy reserves the right, but shall not be obligated, to record any dialogue or exchanges in the Public Areas of the Privy Service. Privy shall have no responsibility for any actions taken, or failures to take action, with respect to the Public Areas of the Privy Service or any submissions by you or other users. As with any public forum on any website, the information you post may show up in third-party search engine results.
- Use of marks and case studies: Privy may, at its sole discretion, reference the Customer as a user of the Privy Service in Privy marketing collateral, including website content, blog content, email messages, and more.
REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND EXCLUSIONS
Customer represents, warrants and covenants to Privy as follows: (a) it has full power and authority to enter into and perform this Agreement; (b) this Agreement has been duly authorized and constitutes a binding obligation enforceable in accordance with its terms, except as such enforceability may be limited by bankruptcy laws or other laws affecting the rights of creditors generally; (c) the person(s) executing this Agreement on Customer’s behalf has actual authority to bind Customer to this Agreement; and (d) Customer’s execution and performance of this Agreement does not and will not violate or conflict with any provision of Customer’s governing corporate instruments or of any commitment, agreement or understanding that such party has or will have to or with any person or entity.
Except as expressly set forth herein, privy makes no, and disclaims any and all, warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement and fitness for a particular purpose. Privy does not guarantee that the privy service will meet all of customer’s requirements. Customer represents and acknowledges that privy does not warrant that the privy service will operate at all times in an uninterrupted or error free fashion, and privy disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to any such interruption or error.
Customer will defend Privy against any claim made or brought against Privy by a third party (a “Claim”) arising out of Customer’s use of the Privy Service and will indemnify Privy for any damages finally awarded against, and for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by, Privy in connection with any such Claim; provided that (a) Privy will promptly notify Customer of such Claim, (b) Customer will have the sole and exclusive authority to defend and/or settle any such Claim (provided that Customer may not settle any Claim without Privy’s prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld, unless it unconditionally releases Privy of all liability) and (c) Privy reasonably cooperates with Customer in connection therewith.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, whether in tort, contract or otherwise, will privy be liable to customer for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages of any character, including, without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, lost profits, lost sales or business, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, lost data or for any and all other damages or losses, even if a privy has been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages. In no event will privy be liable for any direct damages, costs or liabilities in excess of the amounts paid or payable by customer during the twelve months preceding the incident or claim. The provisions of this section allocate the risks under this agreement between the parties, and the parties have relied on the limitations set forth herein in determining whether to enter into this agreement.
- Term. The term of this Agreement will commence upon Customer’s sign up and acceptance of this Agreement. Thereafter, the term of this Agreement will automatically continue provided, however, that Privy may terminate this Agreement and the availability of the Privy Service to Customer at any time without notice. If Customer desires to discontinue the Privy Service, Customer must notify Privy of its intent to terminate the relationship and Customer may uninstall and discontinue the Privy Service at Customer’s own expense.
- Right to Suspend. Privy may temporarily suspend Customer’s or any of Customer’s end users’ access to any portion of the Privy Service if Privy reasonably determines that: (a) there is a threat or attack on the Privy Service or other event that may create a risk to the Privy Service, Customer or any other customer of Privy; (b) Customer’s use of the Privy Service or any Customer Materials disrupts or poses a security risk to the Privy Service or any other Privy customer; or (c) Customer is using the Privy Service in violation of the Agreement, including but not limited to, using the Privy Service for fraudulent or illegal activities (collectively, “Service Suspensions”). Privy will provide written notice of any Service Suspension to Customer and to provide updates regarding resumption of Privy Service following any Service Suspension. Privy will have no liability for any damage, liabilities, losses (including any loss of data or profits) or any other consequences that Customer may incur as a result of any Service Suspension.
- Data Processing Addendum. The terms of the Data Processing Addendum shall apply to: (i) the processing (as defined in the GDPR) of personal data (as defined in the GDPR) that is regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) by Privy solely on behalf of Customer, if any; and (ii) from and after the CCPA Effective Date (as defined in the DPA), the processing (as defined in the CCPA) of personal information (as defined in the CCPA) that is regulated by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) by Privy solely on behalf of Customer, if any.
- Copyright Policy; Objectionable Content: If you believe your rights have been violated by, or you otherwise object to, any posting, content or information on the Privy Service, please contact us promptly so we can evaluate the claim and take appropriate action. If your complaint includes a claim of copyright infringement, the following policy will apply:
It is Privy’s policy to respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement, and to remove, or disable access to, infringing material. If you believe that any of the content or materials appearing on the Privy Service contain infringements, please send a notice to our designated agent at the address stated below. Your notice should contain the following: a physical or electronic signature of a person (i.e., claimant) authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed; identification of the content or material claimed to be infringing; a reference or link to the infringing material or activity, or the subject of the infringing activity, including information to enable us to locate that material or reference; the address, telephone number or email address of the claimant; a statement that the claimant has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the claimant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Privy will also terminate a user's account if a user is deemed to be a repeat infringer, namely, one who has been notified of bona fide infringing activity more than twice. Our designated agent, to whom you should direct your infringement claim (or other complaints), is:
Attention: Ben Jabbawy
201 South St, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02111
Telephone Number: 617-852-5292
- Relationship. Nothing contained herein will in any way constitute any association, partnership, agency, employment or joint venture between the parties, or be construed to evidence the intention of the parties to establish any such relationship. Neither party will have the authority to obligate or bind the other in any manner, and nothing herein contained will give rise or is intended to give rise to any rights of any kind to any third parties. Neither party will represent to the contrary, either expressly, implicitly or otherwise.
- Unenforceability. If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be enforced as nearly as possible in accordance with the stated intention of the parties, while the remainder of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and bind the parties according to its terms. To the extent any provision cannot be enforced in accordance with the stated intentions of the parties, such provision will be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
- Governing Law. All disputes, claims or controversies arising out of this Agreement, or the negotiation, validity or performance of this Agreement, or the transactions contemplated hereby shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its rules of conflict of laws. Each of the parties hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consents to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and of the United States of America located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (the “Massachusetts Courts”) for any litigation among the parties arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the negotiation, validity or performance of this Agreement, waives any objection to the laying of venue of any such litigation in the Massachusetts Courts and agrees not to plead or claim in any Massachusetts Court that such litigation brought therein has been brought in any inconvenient forum or that there are indispensable parties to such litigation that are not subject to the jurisdiction of the Massachusetts Courts.
- Notices. All notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will reference this Agreement. Notices will be deemed given when: (i) delivered personally; (ii) sent by confirmed facsimile or e-mail; (iii) three (3) days after having been sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid; or (iv) one (1) day after deposit with a commercial overnight carrier, with written verification of receipt.
- Titles. All article and section titles herein are provided for general information and reference only. Thus, the subject matter in each section herein will not be construed by reference to the title nor will the scope of section be limited in any manner based on the title of that section.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be deemed in breach hereunder for any cessation, interruption or delay in the performance of its obligations due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, earthquake, flood, or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy, civil disturbance, terrorism, war (whether or not officially declared) or the inability to obtain sufficient supplies, transportation, or other essential commodity or service required in the conduct of its business, or any change in or the adoption of any law, regulation, judgment or decree (each a “Force Majeure Event”); provided that, (a) the party relying upon this Section 7.11 will have given the other party written notice thereof promptly and, in any event, as soon as reasonably possible under the circumstances; and (b) will take all steps reasonably necessary to mitigate the effects on the other party of the Force Majeure Event upon which such notice is based.