There is nothing more frustrating for ecommerce entrepreneurs than knowing that a customer’s cart has made it all the way through the checkout process only to be abandoned without pressing that buy button.
There is a very simple tactic to remind customers of their shopping carts and increase sales in the process!
We call it the "Cart Saver."
Cart Savers combine exit-intent triggers with a pop up display, page targeting, and a special offer to make sure that you’re taking your best shot to make a sale, every time.
Creating a Cart Saver campaign only takes a couple of minutes in Privy. Here are the steps:
1. Create a new campaign with a pop up display type.
2. Customize templates to speak directly to what your shopper is experiencing. For example, “Wait! Complete your order today and get 10% off your purchase.”
3. Choose exit intent as your pop up trigger and decide the frequency of the pop up. We recommend no more than once a day to start.
4. Set your audience targeting to show the campaign only when a visitor is on your checkout page.
6. Customize your thank you page so that it shows your coupon code and includes a button to complete the purchase.
You can build awesome Cart Savers in any of our paid plans. If you're in our Commerce and higher plans, you can add "Cart Value Targeting" to offer something different for your highest value customers.
Using Privy Reports, you can see how many people have seen the cart saver on your online store, how many have signed up to get the code, and even how many saved carts you have as a result of the discount offer.
Slice and dice your data as much as you want and export it to use it in other programs.
The Cart Saver campaign shouldn’t stop on your site. You can use this insight to go a step further and send abandoned cart emails to encourage customers to complete their purchase.
Many ecommerce businesses consider abandonment emails a key part of their email marketing process to drive conversion rates and Privy has abandoned cart email templates and a ton of resources on how to craft the best subject line and email message just for the occasion!