At Privy, we believe that just because you’re running a small or medium sized business doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t have world class marketing tools at your disposal. That’s why over 300,000 businesses have chosen our platform to rapidly grow their email lists and reduce abandonment in their online stores.
The Office Manager will plan, build and execute in all areas of company operations, culture, and employee engagement. This role is highly visible amongst all teams and requires the right balance of professionalism, attention to detail, critical thinking and spirit.
What you will accomplish in this role:
- Office: Maintain inventory of supplies, snacks, beverages, coffee, etc. Think on your feet to troubleshoot office issues as they arise.
- Facilities: Keep the office in tip-top shape to impress visitors and employees alike. Make sure office systems are properly functioning.
- Vendors: Make sure that our outsourced contracts are the best for our people AND our budget (i.e. Cleaning, Catering and General Suppliers).
- People: Act as a general office guru and advocate for employees
- Events: Working within budget to plan team and company-wide events. (Monthly team outing, a quarterly volunteer initiative, yearly holiday party, etc.)
the ideal candidate is:
People-Centric- You create a welcoming and collaborative community environment. You have an amazing attitude, you are personable, approachable, and always eager to help.
A Creative Problem Solver- You think outside of the box to come up with novel ideas and approaches to situations working around the system as needed.
Resourceful- You thrive in a dynamic environment where new challenges are the order of the day. You are constantly thinking about how to do x,y or z faster and smarter.
Effective Communicator - You know how to read an audience and are able to customize your communication to make that audience want to listen. Your messages have a crystal clear focus. Concise yet tactful. Simplifier, not a complicator.
Ability to prioritize- Highly effective keeping track of relative priorities and shifting things around as needed to fulfill overall strategy. You push things back when necessary, stay calm under pressure and try out new techniques to improve your work and quickly come up with solutions, when problems arise. Able to triage and resolve problems. Proactive. Take ownership.
Attention to detail- You have the highest standards and won’t rest until a job is done properly. You are organized and know exactly what needs to happen to complete a task correctly. Detail oriented. Prioritizer. Manage multi-priorities w/o crumbling. Process maven.
WHAT IS IT LIKE WORKING AT PRIVY?
- We’re a small team trying to get a lot done and expect everyone to contribute every day
- We’re growing fast and expanding our offering constantly, so flexibility is a must
- We want to get it done well and get it done quickly, whatever it is
- Great perks like an unlimited vacation policy, vacation reimbursement plan, full healthcare coverage, and flexible work hours
- We’re located right on the edge of Chinatown in downtown Boston, very close to the red, green, and orange line as well as the commuter rail
Send your resume and writing sample to email@example.com.