Without having a website or much knowledge about running a business, Rachel Lambo and her mom took a chance on a product they believed in.
They made 900 bars of soap for a festival in Toronto.
In just 3 days, they sold 832 of them.
That’s when they knew they were onto something...
So before they even had a site up and running, there was demand.
Every founder’s dream scenario, right?
But it wasn’t all smooth sailing from there.
They still had a lot to learn.
That’s exactly what Rachel shares on today’s episode: all the things they’ve learned along the way.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why you need pop ups on your site.
- How to get responses to your welcome series.
- Why you should ‘uglify’ your ads.
- Why you need role models to build your site.
What to listen for:
- [2:10] Starting a brand at 50.
- [7:42] How they tell their brand story in their marketing.
- [9:26] How they knew they were ready to launch.
- [17:47] Getting the website off the ground.
- [19:27] Do people really want pop ups?
- [20:40] Segmenting welcome offers based on location.
- [23:02] The email flows they have set up.
- [29:01] Wtf does uglifying your ads mean?
- [32:00] How to turn a TikTok into ad creative.
- [38:27] Marketing advice for other brands.
Links to love👇👇