Finding the kind of content that resonates with your audience takes a lot of trial and error.
...and isn’t necessarily intuitive.
So when Fred Perrotta, Co-founder & CEO of Tortuga Backpacks, a brand geared toward millennial travelers, started a blog for the brand, he wasn’t sure exactly what he should be writing about.
So he just started to try a bunch of things.
And eventually struck gold with a topic he never would have expected: packing guides for specific destinations.
And if you take one look at their blog, you’ll see a ton of examples. Packing guides for Mexico, Morocco, Portland, if you’re going, they probably have a list for you.
So we asked Fred to share some of his content secrets to help you get to that first million and beyond.
You can tune in above👆 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- The book that inspired their business.
- How their content strategy drives traffic and purchases.
- How you can use products that aren’t selling as part of a welcome offer.
- Why you need to focus on 1-2 channels.
- [2:27] Lessons from The 4-Hour Workweek.
- [9:31] What moved the needle for more repeatable sales.
- [11:23] Why they publish who their ideal customer is.
- [15:15] How their marketing team has changed over time.
- [17:03] Driving repeat purchases for a product that’s built to last.
- [24:41] What their content and email strategy looks like.
- [26:44] How to plug your product in content.
- [29:58] Advice for scaling to your first million in sales.