Not gonna lie…
I had no clue what Animal Crossing was til I listened to this episode. 😳
Hopefully I’m not the only listener who’s an absolute nube, but it’s highly likely that’s the case.
Allbirds and Adidas are putting sustainability ahead of profits and redefining what partnerships can look like.
And Kristen shares what brands will have to focus on if they want to continue to build on the DTC momentum we’ve been seeing since the pandemic began.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
On this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Brands that are using Animal Crossing to connect with customers.
- Allbirds and Adidas launch the ultimate shoe partnership.
- What the future holds for DTC.
What to listen for:
- [1:51] How brands are using Animal Crossing to engage with their followers.
- [6:11] Brands getting involved.
- [10:10] Allbirds and Adidas are joining forces to create a high performance sneaker with the lowest possible carbon emissions.
- [13:32] What the DTC community has to say about the partnership.
- [15:07] Why the coming months are so critical to DTC.
- [16:35] The unexpected verticals that have seen growth during lockdown.
- [17:57] How Andie has shifted their strategy to thrive in a time when travel isn’t realistic for so many people.
- [19:44] What “Taboo” brands can teach us about building on the DTC momentum.
Links to love👇👇
- Kristen LaFrance on Twitter
- Kristen's newsletter
- Animal Crossing is emerging as a media channel for brands in lockdown
- Glossier’s Hoodie in Original Pink is back on Animal Crossing
- Adidas and Allbirds Are Joining Forces—And Rewriting the Rules of Competition
- The coming months will make or break the DTC boom
- Why “Taboo” Brands are Thriving in DTC (and what we can learn from it)