In case you haven’t heard, we launched a podcast called The Ecommerce Marketing Show. Unsurprisingly, it’s dedicated to ecommerce marketing. And who better to shed light on the subject than Ben, our Founder & CEO, who's had a front row seat as more than 400,000 merchants have leveraged Privy to grow their businesses over the last 8 years.
But don't worry, this episode isn’t a sales pitch. It’s about what he’s learned along the way and the tactics you can be using right now.
Get our best content on ecommerce marketing in your inbox 2 times a week
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why most new ecommerce brands never make their first sale.
- The playbook for converting your first sale, including the two plays every online store should be running.
- The power of telling your story and why confirmation and shipping emails are the perfect place to do it.
- Why text messaging could be the future of ecommerce marketing.
Oh, and if there are experts you’d love to hear on the show, send ‘em my way (email@example.com).
What to listen for:
- [4:28] Why email is still the best channel for building a massive audience.
- [7:50] DG’s Shopify experiment, Dave’s Hoodies.
- [9:06] What’s stopping ecommerce brands from making their first sale?
- [11:13] What makes some companies successful while others fall behind?
- [16:54] Why confirmation emails are the perfect place to tell your story.
- [19:07] What are the two plays everyone should be running?
- [21:14] What’s the abandoned cart playbook?
- [26:20] What’s the cross-sell playbook?
- [32:17] The right use case for drop shipping.
- [36:07] Why is text the next move for Privy?
To point you in the right direction: